|CompTIA Network+ Certification Training|
CompTIA Network+ certification training at ATPL can provide you the skills necessary to become Network+ certified and ready for an entry-level networking career in the IT industry.
CompTIA Network+ certification is a vendor-neutral certification considered by many employers as a prerequisite for entry-level IT employment in the area of IT networks. Network+ certification signifies that the individual is capable of performing tasks such as installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of common networking systems.
CompTIA Network+ certification serves as a solid foundation for other networking and IT certification programs offered by vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco.
Who Should Attend?
- Network Technicians
- Call Center Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- Tier 1 and 2 Support
- PC Support Technician
- Field Technician
- Personnel seeking IAT-1 certification to fulfill the DoD 8570.1 Directive
Skills Students will Learn
- The skills required to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure
- Networking technologies design principles including adherence to wiring standard and use of testing tools
- Network specific security practices, disaster recovery procedures, data storage technology implementation
Technical Features of the Course
- Network Technologies: protocols, ports, routing, wireless communication
- Network Media and Topologies: cables, connectors, wiring standards and distribution, WAN/LAN specifics
- Network devices: common and specialized network devices, switches
- Network Management: OSI model layers, performance optimization rationale, issue troubleshooting
- Network Tools: command line interface, network scanners, network hardware tools
- Network Security: firewalls, network layers, filtering, tunneling, encryption, authentication, security threats
Certification and Exams
Network+ certification candidate must pass a single exam. Although not required, it is strongly advised to have your A+ Certification prior to taking the Network+ exam.
CompTIA Newtork+ certification earned the ISO 17024 accreditation from the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) in 2008. ISO requires that individual renew their certification on a regular basis. Effective January 1, 2011 CompTIA’s Network+ certification holders will be subject to renewal every three years per ISO. However, candidates who pass the exam and become certified by December 31, 2010 will have a lifetime certification with no requirements for recertification or retesting.